Tuesday, February 12, 2008

1. Well theme is obviously very important you can't write anything even a song without a present common theme. In order to have a story you must have a theme that builds up to the climax. For example in Robin hood the theme is giving. Robin doesn't do it in the right way but in the end after he steals from the rich and gives to the poor. Themes all in all bring the story together in order to make it exciting and adventourous.

3. There are many things that I would really like to incorporate into my play. Two ideas that I have are to write a one act about high school love and gossip aka High school musical the remake. I just think I could go crazy with that one and make a better cooler hsm where the lead character doesn't act so gay and child like it would be a more adult version of hsm. Then my last idea is a romantic murder mystery. Kinda like clue but not. Basically there will be two main girls. They both fall for the same guy then one night at a party they both find out that they are both dating him at the same time. Then as soon as they start at it Andrew (the main guy) is lying on the floor covered in blood. I'll probably choose the second one cause the theme would just be more exciting and dramatic. The theme would be Romantic Drama.


2. For my play I really don't want to write about my family or something thats important to me. I want it to be fun and exciting I really enjoy writing drama scenarios. Personally I feel that it would be super fun to do a Murder drama. I want to do this because I would never get boared or not be able to think of stuff to say. That is why i'm planning on doing a murder/ Romantic drama mystery.

5 comments:

Optimus Prime said...

Catie - I do like your idea for a Romantic Drama, but i think that guy Andrew could never be able to date two girls....especially at once... so you should pick a new main character. Secondly, I liked how you brought in stealing from Rich to learning to give as it is presented in Robin Hood. Also, I am a little confused by why you don't want to write about things that are close to you, but i guess an exciting play will do.

Jared said...

I think it would be best if you combined all of your ideas for conflict. Imagine a bloody high school cafeteria floor, with kids screaming... That would be an awesome opening scene. Or whatever you want to call it.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you did bloodly kill off Andrew--well, just his name. haha. nice Catie. Actually, to have a story you do not have to have a theme that builds up to the climax. To have a good story you need to have a climax, but that rests completely seperately from theme. Most good stories--especially the ones that we read for school have some sort of lesson embedded in them. However, those lessons don't always conincide with the author's intentions. Mooving on, romantic mystery sounds like a good basis for your play! I'm excited to see how that works out as well. However, I think that my name, Andrew's name, Dan's name, and Jared's name should remain out of that one haha. happy valentine's day! hey, you could make V-day the setting. eh eh..it's "romantic".

Optimus Prime said...

Rawr

Elizabeth said...

actually, quite to the contrary catie. You do not need a theme to develope the plot. here is an example: a guy and a girl get into a fight over the title of a song...the argue for a while, she wins the argument..he says he is sorry..they make up. the end. there you have a plot. no theme in mind. Now, you could read this "story" and conclude a thematic statement relating to forgiveness. But at the same time, I could read this "story" and come up with a theme encompassing the concept of girls always being correct. Now those are two different themes off of a plotline that I thought up off the top of my head with no theme in mind. Hence; theme is ambigious. the end.