Wednesday, April 30, 2008

3. for each character write a brief paragraph explaining what impact this fictional character has had on our culture. Why is this character so fascinating? Important? Misunderstood? Understood?
Bugs Bunny is a well known character to kids and adults of all kinds. First was seen in his series in World War Two. When I watched bugs bunny as a kid I always thought his clever but mean tricks were quite funny. Bugs bunny I feel was ment to stand out as a good but intimidating bully who well bullied the right way. I think this show was created to make families during World War Two, laugh and joke around with their families and forget about what was going on around them.

Indiana Jones along side Bugs Bunny is a very popular character. Indiana Jones is found fasinating to many people because he is a normal everyday guy who works but on the side has his crazy adventures. What I love most about Indiana Jones is that he is an archeaologist who runs into mysteries along the way. I think his movies are great for kids because there full of adventure and fun and the adventure in every movie never gets old cause its always different. Indiana also is considered a role model for many kids because he is brave and never gives up even if the treasure is never there. I'm going to leave you with my favorite Indiana Jones quote which just so happened to be in the article that I read, "We do not follow maps to be buried treasure, and X never, ever marks marks the spot."

4. Once you have done that, think about characters you have met in books, seen in movies or plays, or watched on TV. Pick one that is of particular interest to you. Write an entry in which you explain why this character is important to our culture in your opinion. What qualities does this character possess that makes him/her/it so intriguing? Why is this character important to our society (not just a small group of fans)?
One of my favorite book series growing up has always been Harry Potter. I have read the books over at least a couple of times and I've found something new both times that i've read them. I'm not a fan of witchcraft but I am a fan of imagination and adventure. I feel that these books just bring you on a wonderful exciting adventure that just never ends and always keeps you curious in thought. I feel that the main character in the book Harry is a character that can relate to many children and teenagers in the world. Both parents died when he was younger and he is left to be raised by his aunt and uncle without ever meeting his mother or father. And in his teen years is learning that he is a wizard. I just think that he is a good example for that kids all around the world can relate to. Except for the witchcraft involved of course...

1 comment:

Jared said...

What I like about Bugs Bunny is that he has a lot of fun and only picks on the bad guys. We need more rabbits like him in this world...